Give Kindness Dallas
We're Stronger Together.
Join us in a local challenge to get 1,000 acts of kindness in our community, starting May 15! When you share your act of kindness, $500 in direct cash assistance will be provided to families in Dallas impacted by COVID-19
Here’s how it works:
Post your act of kindness to social media and consider challenging your friends to post by tagging them the more people who share, the more families in Dallas will receive their $500.
Get creative! We’ve been inspired by a phone call to someone who lives alone, groceries sent to someone who needs them, or a card for someone whose birthday party was canceled. There are endless ways to reach out to the people around us what are you inspired to do?
Is your account private? If so, please:
a.) make sure the act of kindness post is set for public viewing,
b.) Double check to make sure that the privacy settings on your posts are set to public so we can see your posts.
Once our community moderators see and confirm your post, we’ll provide $500 to a Dallas family impacted by COVID-19.
See full terms and conditions here. Have any questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com.
1000 Acts of Kindness!
We're aiming to achieve 1,000 acts of kindness in Dallas! Help us reach our goal and provide direct cash assistance to families in our community affected by COVID-19!
Acts so far!
Days so far
A phone call to someone who lives alone. Groceries sent to someone that you know needs them. A card for someone whose birthday party was canceled. There are endless ways to reach out to the people around us. Have you done something to help someone in need? Tell us your story, because it could mean a direct cash payment for a family in need.
Stories of Kindness
A submission grants Stand Together Foundation and FII the right to use, adapt, and create derivative works (including images and videos) based on my story/photo/video, and the right to use my name, picture, likeness, and any other identifying information in connection with my story, in any media (including through social media outlets) for advertising, marketing, promotions, and other commercial purposes, forever, throughout the world. If the story/photo/video depicts a child, I acknowledge that I am the parent or legal guardian of such child and that Stand Together Foundation and FII may use his or her name, picture, and likeness in connection with its use of my story/photo/video. If anyone else appears in the story/photo/video, they will need to grant their own consent in order for us to use the video. My story/photo/video is original, and Stand Together Foundation and FIIu2019s use will not violate the rights of any third party.
- Submissions should consist of a video or photo of your act of kindness, with a written description, posted to either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #GiveTogetherNowDallas; or a written description submitted at https://givetogethernow.org/. Submissions consisting only of written descriptions should be at least 400 characters.
- A person may submit one act of kindness per day.
- Submissions should be appropriate for all audiences. Any submission that includes content that is inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined in our sole discretion, will not be eligible.
- We will look for submissions that demonstrate sincere and impactful acts of kindness and determine, in our sole discretion, which submissions will result in a direct cash payment to a family in need. If your submission is selected, a community moderator will leave you a comment (on social media posts) or send you an e-mail (for website submissions) to let you know.
- For each selected submission, Family Independence Initiative will make a direct cash payment equal to $500 to a family in need (see eligibility requirements) on a first-come, first-served basis, until the earlier of (a) September 1, 2020, or (b) 5,000 submissions successfully result in a direct cash payment (making $2.5 million in aggregate available in direct cash payments).